Thursday, October 2, 2014

Throat Pain After Singing

I have a concert coming up and so was practicing some complex portions of my song. I think I overdid it a bit and now I am having pain in my throat area (and a little below as well). I do not have any symptoms of a cold, sore throat, etc. I do have slight acid reflux. I am planning to rest my voice for a day or two. What other home-made preparations/therapy could I use to soothe the pain? Could I take any pain killers as well?

Melissa Kim, M.S., CCC-SLP writes...

In general, voice rest and good vocal hygiene are the best guidelines, including increased hydration, avoidance of environmental irritants, and possibly, over-the-counter medications for inflammation. For a more detailed description of vocal hygiene recommendations, please see our webpage on Tips for Professional Voice Users.


Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment