Monday, December 9, 2013

Sharp Pain - Front Neck (Daughter said stretch neck mom, heard THUMP)

I am a 53 year old woman .... hypothyroid, diabetes 2-Sjogrens. History of irregular cervical lymph nodes, and am in 5 days heading to an oncologist to evaluate lumps I have here there (crook of arms, and up to bicep and a large node left side in axilla that are painful. My voice keeps getting hoarse and dry cough. I DO NOT SMOKE OR DRINK......... BUT TONIGHT I was quite scared because a very QUICK SHARP PAIN upon exhale/inhale and speaking or laughing! My question is this: is there a condition, rather a scenario, possibly from edemas tissue from my GERD? or ??? that MIGHT cause some anatomy to catch in the front neck like inside that cartilage...like a nail scraping or a PINCH...... deep in front, possibly such as a spasm, deep inside front throat/neck.... larynx area then my baby girl, said MOM YOU LOOK scrunched up, stretch your neck and I felt a click/ but in ear hear this release or move out of spot? as a thud..... as it seemed to simply be a misplaced? Something that then became a "click free" pain went away....... it was a scary weird fast onset, pain I thought that's it, I am in trouble, I had been laughing and thought I BUSTED MY insides of this area.

On another factoid sometimes I hear a click click in throat along with the heart beat..... like 1x every 2 months for a hour? I am a sensitive flower. I would really appreciate some idea how to explain to the physician, I speak oddly and feel if I say too much, I become confusing, thank you.

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...  

Although there are many symptoms of acid reflux that present in the head and neck area, I cannot say I would typically associate sharp pain with respiration with this condition. I would certainly suggest that you mention this incident to your physician.

Best of luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment