Sunday, December 1, 2013

Nodules / Polyps / Cysts

I have been confused.  My voice range has decreased a bit and when I talk too much my throat starts to burn. I thought I had vocal nodules and went to an ENT.  He checked my vocal cords with a reflecting mirror & told me I had very small nodules but after 5 months I went to another ENT and he checked my vocal cords with an endoscope (camera).  He said there was nothing wrong with my vocal cords.  Then, the question is why has my voice range decreased a bit? My voice isn't hoarse but why is my voice range decreased a bit?

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies... 

Difficulties with range are often simply a matter of technique, which can and does change over time, particularly in response to underlying structural changes such as vocal fold nodules. This is one reason why even professional singers continue to study with teachers of singing. If your physician feels that your larynx is healthy, I would suggest seeking out an experienced singing voice teacher.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment