Thursday, November 21, 2013

Medical Recommendation

I have a raspy voice which came on gradually last fall so that I had to give up singing. Yes, I smoked for years, but have not smoked since last fall. Can you recommend treatment or physician type that I should be contacting to obtain treatment. I am being treated now for rhinitis. What do singers do when they lose their voice? Whom do they see? Thanks.

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies... 

I would suggest that you seek out a consultation with a laryngologist, an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of voice disorders. Ask your physician for a referral, or visit the American Academy of Otolaryngology's website at If you choose to do an "Advanced Search" on that site you can narrow your search to the subspecialty of laryngology.

 Best of luck to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment