Thursday, November 21, 2013

Medical Recommendation

I have a raspy voice which came on gradually last fall so that I had to give up singing. Yes, I smoked for years, but have not smoked since last fall. Can you recommend treatment or physician type that I should be contacting to obtain treatment. I am being treated now for rhinitis. What do singers do when they lose their voice? Whom do they see? Thanks.

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies... 

I would suggest that you seek out a consultation with a laryngologist, an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of voice disorders. Ask your physician for a referral, or visit the American Academy of Otolaryngology's website at
http://www.entnet.org/. If you choose to do an "Advanced Search" on that site you can narrow your search to the subspecialty of laryngology.

 Best of luck to you!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment