Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Neck Damage

Recently I had a chiropractic adjustment to my neck. The next day I knew something was wrong. I had popping sensations at different parts of my neck. Now I am burping all the time. After a big meal it is worse, and I feel pressure in my upper chest. After I have burped all day my throat is mildly sore constantly. What damage do you think was done? Do you think it is permanent? Should I go get it checked? As you can imagine any type of intervention is very scary for me now.

Thanks so much.

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...

There could be any number of explanations for your symptoms, so to even guess as to your diagnosis via email is not possible. It would make sense to see a physician, and I would actually suggest that you begin with your family doctor. There are a number of different specialties that might be appropriate for consultation, including otolaryngology, orthopedics, gastroenterology, or speech pathology, and your family doctor can direct you in terms of where to best begin after examining you.

Best of luck to you!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment