Thursday, September 5, 2013

Something in the Back of my Throat

Hello, for the past three to four months I have noticed the feeling of mucus in the back of my throat. I cough or clear my throat and clear or yellowish mucus does come up, but never a lot. I just feel it there especially in the evenings and mornings. My throat is raspy and my upper register for my singing voice is very thin and almost non-existent. I decided to take out dairy and gluten and stay away from cats but other than that I don't know what to do. I have asthma and allergies, but I have never had drainage for this long. What should I do?

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...

There are any number of possible explanations for the sensation of chronic mucous. I would suggest that you see an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician for an evaluation and treatment recommendations.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment