Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Throat Noise

Aspiring voice artist. I've realized that my throat makes a number of clicking sounds that I cannot control, mostly at the ends of spoken phrases, sometimes within words. I've tried green apples, lozenges, various liquids for drinking and gargling at various temperatures, exercises, avoiding alcohol/caffeine/tobacco...even saw an ENT doctor who wasn't sure what to recommend. Ever experienced anything like this? Any thoughts would be appreciated, as this may well doom my potential to build a career in this.

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...

It is difficult for me to comment on causes or potential interventions for the symptom you describe because I have not observed or evaluated the "clicking" sound. If your physician was unable to provide you with a diagnosis, however, I would suggest that you seek out a second opinion.


Good luck!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment