Monday, August 26, 2013

Injured Vocal Cords


My friend is visually impaired and had an infection in her vocal cords that has impaired her ability to speak in a normal range voice. She is talking in a very high register, sounds like it is complete from her head but I can see the strain on her throat / neck area when she attempts to speak. I am trying to find her a braille device so that she can type in and it will speak for her since she needs to rest her voice but now I'm not certain that 'resting ' her voice will suffice. Any suggestions?

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies... 

In order for me to give specific advice as to appropriate treatment, I would need a formal diagnosis. I assume your friend has been evaluated by an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician? If so, please let me know what the diagnosis is and I'd be happy to assist! 


Thank you for your question.

No comments:

Post a Comment