Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Voice

Hello, I am 13 years old (girl) and I have a medium range voice cannot go low CANNOT go high and it's very frustrating to the point I want to cry.  When I try to go at least two notes out of my range, I squeak, I don't really crack, but I get horse and I squeak.  I've heard that it's called pinching my vocal muscle but I don't know what else to do other then that I can sing very well in my medium range. I just wish to go higher even if it's just a little. Thank you so very much and have a nice day :)

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...

Your issue may simply be one of technique. Seek out an experienced singing voice teacher for instruction and guidance in safe and effective ways to increase your pitch range. If you continue to experience difficulties despite working with a teacher, see an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician for an evaluation.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment