Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Vocal Cords

I have a problem with my voice and it has been 10 days now.  I got this after singing too much and 3 days before I had a problem like clearing my throat.  My throat was dry all the time, even when I used to drink lots of water, but now it’s fine.  My throat isn't dry anymore, but my voice range has decreased.  When I talk normally it sounds fine, but when I talk loud or when I hit high notes it doesn't sound normal.  It sounds hoarse.  My vocal range is decreased.  One friend of mine told me that it is laryngitis, but I'm afraid of nodules.  Are these symptoms of vocal nodules?
Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...

A persistent change in vocal quality or performance warrants an evaluation with an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician. Ask your primary care physician for a referral or visit the American Academy of Otolaryngology athttp://www.entnet.org/ to search for a provider.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment