Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Vocal Cord Polyp

I have a hiatal hernia and barretts mucosa. After my recent gastroscopy I was told I have a vocal cord polyp to be removed. My question is, I am a bartender and wondering is it just going to be a day or two that I will have to be off work? Just curious because I don't want to lose to much work. 

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...
Physicians vary in their recommendations as to post-operative voice rest, and these recommendations are often impacted by the specifics of a particular vocal cord lesion (e.g., size, location, excision method, etc.) A typical recommendation for total voice rest after phonosurgery is anywhere from 3 - 7 days. Ask your surgeon what would be appropriate in your particular case.

Best of luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment