Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Strengthening My Voice

Why does my deep voice thin out at times? When I get up in the morning my voice is extremely rich and deep. But as the day goes by it will not be as rich sometimes. When I have a performance or recording session many times I do not have that rich low tone as I did in the morning. Even after I warm up. It's not as consistent as I'd like it to be.

How do I strengthen my voice so I can have consistency with my voice during the day?

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...
I would first suggest that you see an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician to rule out the possibility that something structural/ functional is contributing to your vocal symptoms. If your larynx is determined to be healthy, simple technique may be the culprit; consultation with a voice coach or singing teacher may be helpful.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment