Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Voice Issues

I'm a 19 year old female and have been singing since I was very young. I have always been able to sing into the soprano range using my head voice but usually stick to alto or soprano II. Lately, I have been having a lot of trouble when I try to do higher notes. My voice cracks or the sound comes out shaky. I don't want to harm my voice but I also don't want to lose my range. Is it possible that I could have hurt it in some manner? I always warm up before singing so I'm not sure what's going on. Thank you for your prompt reply!

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...
If the problem is persistent, I would suggest that you see an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician to rule out the possibility that something structural is contributing to the problem. If the larynx is determined to be healthy, it's very possible that the issue is primarily one of technique, in which case an experienced voice teacher would very likely be of great help.

Good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment