Friday, April 5, 2013

Voice Cracking

Hello, I'm a 20 year old female and for about the last 3 years I've suffered from voice cracking. When it first started my voice would only crack when I was trying to project it (example: having to talk in front of a class, talking in loud restaurants, etc.) But as of the past year and half or so, it cracks all the time, even when I'm not talking extremely loud. It's very embarrassing and I've put off getting help for it for many reasons. One being I'm not sure where to even start, and two, I'm embarrassed to even talk to anyone about it. Please let me know what you think would be best for me. 

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...
There could be any number of explanations for your symptoms. The only way to determine the cause and appropriate treatment strategies is to be evaluated by an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician.

Good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment