Monday, March 4, 2013

Singing Voice

I use to sing solos all the time in my church choir, but have stopped singing solos because my voice has changed. When I begin to sing a word I have trouble getting the first part to come out clear and on pitch and it feels like it takes such effort to sing now and my tone has changed. I don't feel as if I have as much air either. Do you think this is related to some reflux issue or nodules?

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...
The only to know the reason for your vocal difficulties is to be evaluated by an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician, preferably one who specializes in the treatment of voice disorders, referred to as a laryngologist. Ask your physician for a referral or visit
www.entnet.org to search by area and specialty.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment