Friday, February 1, 2013

Vocal Range Issue

Hello, I am a 15 year old male and I play the guitar and really have a passion for music. Recently I have taken up singing and I've realized I can't hit high notes at all. I understand the technique to hit the notes but my voice just won't let me. I remember I used to be able to make a high pitched voice but now I just can't. I try and it just sounds like air is coming out. Also when I was younger I had calluses on my vocal chords. I understand that puberty changes your voice but I would like to know if I will ever be able to hit high notes? Thanks in advance!

Joanna Lott, M.A., CCC-SLP replies...
Hello. Do you know if the calluses on your vocal folds resolved? If not, they could be the reason that you are having difficulty hitting high notes. You should be seen by a laryngologist to see what your vocal folds look like now. You would also likely benefit from voice therapy from and SLP specializing in singing voice treatment. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment