Friday, February 8, 2013

Speaking for Long Periods

Does talking beyond 2 hours or less have an effect leading to poor performance in voice? I am the type of person that loves hearing himself while speaking because of this more confidence is derived from it keeping me in whatever I'm doing. Your response will mean so much.

Barbara P. Messing, M.A., CCC-SLP, BRS-S replies... 
There are many factors that would contribute to the voice becoming tired after speaking for long periods of time. I cannot say how that would affect the voice during a vocal performance because it would depend on what the vocal performance entailed. I would recommend, however, that you should rest your voice prior to a vocal performance, stay hydrated and be sure to do vocal warm ups and cool downs.

Best wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment