Friday, February 8, 2013

Loss of High Notes

I used to be able to hit really high notes while singing, and I fear that from yelling at my husband in the past really loud and trying to sing while sick, has taken it's toll. If I scream as loud as I can at the end their is nothing...like I can scream loud but when I try to get a high note my voice fades or falls out, there is nothing. Is there some sort of exercise I can do to bring those high notes back to life?

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies... 
It is certainly possible that some sort of vocal exercise or voice therapy may be helpful in alleviating your symptoms; however, the only way to determine if this is an appropriate treatment strategy is to be evaluated by an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment