Thursday, January 31, 2013

Voice - Yelling

Hi. I'm a 24 year old female. I have a loud unlovely voice. I have always tried to speak lower but I can't and it makes me crazy. Is there any way or any drug or anything that could help me to have a normal voice? Please let me know and send me an email. I always cry after this shouting at my family but I don't know how to stop it. It doesn't matter if I'm angry, happy or sad. I just shout at others and they don't want to hear my voice again. Show me how to stop yelling!

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...

I would first suggest that you see an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician to rule out any structural or functional issues that may be contributing to your vocal symptoms. If the larynx is determined to be healthy, ask your ENT for a referral to a speech pathologist. Voice therapy is often helpful in remediating any functional voice issues that may be contributing to your excessive volume.

Good luck!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment