Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Voice Not 'Cracked'

My age is 22 and until now my voice has not cracked. For many years my voice is like this only. Please help me in this what should I do?  I haven't done any surgery. I am facing problems since many years. My friends voices at this age have cracked, but mine has not yet.  What is the reason?  Please tell me if this is a problem or if is this normal.

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies... 
I would recommend an evaluation by an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician to rule out the possibility that something structural/ functional is contributing to your symptoms. In the absence of anatomic or physiologic abnormality, persistence of abnormally high pitch in young men or women after the onset of puberty is referred to a "puberphonia," and can be treated in voice therapy with a speech pathologist who specializes in the treatment of voice disorders.

Best of luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment