Thursday, January 10, 2013

Voice Cuts Out

Within the past few months I've noticed that if I try to yell or talk loudly my voice will cut out. I've been asked quite a few times if I was getting a cold, but I wasn't. I also had one episode of laryngitis a few months ago which came out of nowhere and went away in a few days. I don't have a sore throat or anything, but at times my throat feels "full" and my voice feels strained.  Any suggestions? Thanks!

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies... It is possible that your perception of  "strain" is the root of the problem... functional voice disorders arise from the way that you are using the voice. However, the only way to determine the cause of your voice difficulties and appropriate treatment strategies is to be evaluated by an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician.

Good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment