Tuesday, January 29, 2013


I've been having a hoarse voice for over a year now and I'm a singer. I'm unable to sing properly. I had put my voice to rest for two months but I can't sing. The ENT doctor said I have regurgitation. I'm really worried. I don't know what to do. Please help.

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...
I assume that by your doctor's comment as to "regurgitation," he/ she suspects acid reflux to be contributing to your vocal symptoms. If acid reflux is affecting your voice, then appropriate medications and diet/ lifestyle modifications should be very helpful in improving your voice. In some cases, individuals with voice problems related to acid reflux will benefit from voice therapy with a speech pathologist once their reflux is under control. Ask your physician for a referral if this is the case.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment