Friday, January 11, 2013

Nasal Squeaks When Reading Voiceover

I'm a voice over talent and I'm hearing very audible "squeaks" from my nose when speaking into the microphone.

From time to time, I have had this problem and I don't know how to remedy this issue quickly. However, the problem has become very persistent and hard to work around. In fact, it's making me question my chosen career path if I cannot get rid of it.

I've tried everything - very literally. Re-positioning my microphone, a new mic, Breathe Right Strips, Nasal Spray, Neti Pot, etc. I even had someone recommend that I put cotton in my nose (and I'm embarrassed to say that I tried it).

What suggestions do you have?  Thank you for any suggestions.

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...
What does your physician say? My first step would be to see an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician to determine if there is something structural in the sino-nasal area that is causing your "squeaking."

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment