Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Male Voice - Still Soft

I am a 25 year old male, but my voice is still very soft, like a girl's voice.  I cannot talk loudly and hard. Please help me. 

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...
In the absence of anatomic or physiologic abnormality, persistence of abnormally high pitch in young men or women after the onset of puberty is referred to a "puberphonia," and can be treated in voice therapy with a speech pathologist who specializes in the treatment of voice disorders. I would first recommend an evaluation by an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician to rule out the possibility that something structural/ functional is contributing to your symptoms, and a referral to a speech pathologist if puberphonia is suspected.

Best of luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment