Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Lose Voice Easily

I am a worship leader and I sing regularly. During the summer I had kinda lost my voice but was on a trip with my team and had to sing even though my voice was extremely weak. Ever since then whenever I sing after 30 to 40 minutes my voice is shot. What can I do to recover my voice?

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...
I would first suggest that you see an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician to rule out any structural or functional issues that may be contributing to your vocal symptoms. If the larynx is determined to be healthy, ask your ENT for a referral to a speech pathologist. Voice therapy is often helpful in remediating any hyperfunctional voice issues that may have resulted from singing while the voice was "weak."


Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment