Thursday, January 17, 2013

I'm Losing My Falsetto

Hi , I'm 13 years old going to 14 in a couple months.  Here's the thing, a couple months after I turned to 13 suddenly I lost my falsetto voice, well my voice is changing from couple months before but I can still use my falsetto and hit high notes with falsetto but suddenly my falsetto is gone. I know how to do falsetto but when I'm trying to do falsetto it sounded dry and then disappear or not sounded at all, but I still can do whistle with the same range that I used to even though whistle is lot higher than falsetto. I don't know if that is part of voice changing or not, but I really love to sing and falsetto is important. I've been to an ENT and they said that my throat is good. I asked my singing teacher and she don't know, so please help me if you know how to solve my problem? Thanks.

Joanna Lott, M.A., CCC-SLP replies... 
You must make sure you find a laryngologist specializing in voice to look at your vocal folds using video stroboscopy. If this is not the method of exam that your ENT used, see if you can find someone else for a second opinion. It is not unusual to experience changes in your voice during your teen years. It could be that you are going through a period of hormonal change and your voice will eventually balance out again. Meanwhile, make sure you are drinking enough water (64 ounces per day), don't overuse your voice, and keep working with your teacher. Hopefully things will improve. Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment