Thursday, January 10, 2013

Cannot Sing High Notes

I am a 17 year old female and in the last 3 years, I have lost my higher range notes. My voice has been very unreliable, I can sing sometimes better than other times, but I can't sing the high notes anymore. My falsetto is very week, and my voice cracks when going from low to high, and I have pitch problems with medium and high notes. I have seen an ENT and don't have damage. He thought it was GERD and caffeine. Can this be my voice changing?

Joanna Lott, M.A., CCC-SLP replies...  
Did you see a general ENT? Or a laryngologist specializing in voice? An ENT won't always have the equipment or expertise necessary to recognize the subtle damage to the vocal folds that singers can experience. I recommend seeking out a laryngologist specializing in singers. Also, make sure you are studying with a voice teacher who understands the anatomy and physiology of voice. It could simply be a technique issue. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment