Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Girlish Voice Problem

I am 26 yrs old. My problem is my voice sounds girlish on the phone because it is too low to hear. What should I do? 

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies... 
I would first suggest that you seek out an evaluation with a laryngologist (an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician with specialized training in voice disorders) in order to determine if there are any anatomic or physiologic factors contributing to your vocal difficulties. If your larynx is determined to be structurally normal, you may be experiencing what is referred to as "puberphonia." Puberphonia is the persistence of abnormally high pitched voice following the onset of puberty, and can often be successfully treated in voice therapy with a speech pathologist.

Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment