Friday, December 14, 2012

Bad Base Voice

I'm from India. I love to sing (I'm a girl) but unfortunately I cannot sing some songs because I have a poor base voice. I have no problem with high notes. I can go till high E, and higher in falsetto, but my base voice is so poor that middle A is a problem. I have also noticed that early in the morning and at late night, I can go till low D.  It's only in the mornings that I can reach the low notes, never during normal day time.  This is a problem because it forces me to shift every song higher to fit my range, and in the process the song loses its essence, and is an inconvenience to the band members.
I know most people have a problem with high notes, my case is the opposite.  I hope you help me out with the problem. I am a hard worker and I promise that the vocal exercises or other advice will be followed strictly.  I would also like to mention that my daily diet has a good amount of spices and oil(its Indian food, can't help) and I have "pani puri" regularly. I hope you don't ask me to completely quit such food items.

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies... 
There are any number of possible explanations for your vocal symptoms. The only way to determine the cause of your voice difficulties and appropriate treatment strategies is to be evaluated by an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician.

Good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment