Thursday, November 1, 2012

I Want to Change my Voice

I'm 21 years old, but my voice sounds like a small child's voice.  I suffer a lot.  Everyone insults me.  I want to change my voice like a normal girl voice.  What can I do? 

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies... 

I would recommend an evaluation by an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician to rule out the possibility that something structural/ functional is contributing to your symptoms. In the absence of anatomic or physiologic abnormality, abnormally high pitch in young men or women is often referred to a "puberphonia," and can be treated in voice therapy with a speech pathologist who specializes in the treatment of voice disorders.

Best of luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment