Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tremors in Voice

Where are they correcting voice tremors due to age? What dr. is using the implants? I saw it on the Doctors Show.

 Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...

The most common treatment for laryngeal tremor is an injection of botulinum toxin, which may or may not be helpful. A laryngeal "implant" is a treatment most commonly used to correct conditions in which the vocal folds don't fully meet, such as in cases of atrophy due to aging or in cases of vocal fold paralysis. A trained laryngologist (an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician who specializes in the treatment of vocal disorders) would be able to perform either of these procedures. Visit the American Academy of Otolaryngology website to search for an ENT by subspecialty at

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment