Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sore Throat

Hello, two weeks ago I was singing & over did it, my throat felt numb every time I swallowed. I engaged in complete vocal rest for a week, & drank plenty of fluids. I felt better, & yesterday I had a recital in which I performed, & my throat started to mildly hurt again. Now today I have a mild sensation of irritation again. When I sing I have not experienced any vocal range loss, I sound like normal, so I don't know what's going on. & my throat feels warm after singing & aches. This whole time my sore throat has been very mild, just a bit achy. No coughing no anything. But I am worried. Because I know the pain no matter how mild isn't good. Any suggestions?

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies... 

You may just still be experiencing the effects of "overdoing it," namely swelling and inflammation. I agree with following good vocal hygiene practices such as you have done, but if your symptoms persist for more than two weeks, a visit to an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician is warranted.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment