Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sore after Singing

I sang just as normal, doing my regular practicing, until the next day my throat started to feel a bit sore and kind of like a tiny bit of sharp pain too. I'm a bit worried that I might have damaged my voice permanently since it's the second day I have been having this problem. Should I take a break from singing until this problem stops?

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...

A few days of refraining from singing is certainly called for if you are having pain, along with other basic vocal hygiene... increasing fluids, avoiding irritants, etc. If you continue to experience this pain once you resume your normal activities, however, a visit to an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician is warranted.


Thank you for your question.

No comments:

Post a Comment