Monday, October 22, 2012

Singing

I got sick recently and I am better now, but I want to join Choir at school and I can't sing the high notes anymore because after I got better my voice got really low and I don't know what's wrong with me. My parents just said that my voice is fine and that I am being very dramatic, but even my teacher said that something is wrong with my voice.

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...

I would first suggest that you talk with your parents about seeing an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician to rule out the possibility that there has been some vocal fold damage that is contributing to your symptoms. If your larynx is determined to be healthy, your next step should be to seek out an experienced singing teacher to address any contribution that technique is playing in your vocal difficulties.

Good luck!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment