Sunday, September 23, 2012

Vocal Cords Seem Exhausted

This has been happening for the past three years now. When I sing and not for long it feels like my vocal cords are exhausted and I get horse. I can't reach high pitches anymore without cracking, and it seems as though my range in now in the lower register. By the way, I am a female and I am only 22.  Please help I feel like I'm losing my voice. 

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...

I would guess that some element of your technique is contributing to your chronic vocal fatigue with singing. I would suggest an evaluation with an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician to rule out the possibility that there is any physical contribution to your symptoms; if all is well, your next step should be to seek out an experienced singing teacher.
Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment