Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Voice

I am now a Junior in high school but when I was in 7th grade I was one of the best and loudest students in my class. One day I had a sore throat. My teacher told me to sing as well as possible, so I did. But after my throat stopped hurting my voice didn't go back. Now I cannot hit the notes I want to and if I try my vocal cords stop producing sound. All that comes out is air and it sounds like I'm trying to hiss at someone. Please help me I want to sing in front of my family and friends again. What can I do to fix this?

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...
I would first suggest that you talk with your parents about seeing an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician to rule out the possibility that there has been some vocal fold damage that is contributing to your symptoms. If your larynx is determined to be healthy, your next step should be to seek out an experienced singing teacher to address any contribution that technique is playing in your vocal difficulties.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment