Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Voice Loss

8 days ago I began to have a sore throat. The soreness was not dull or achy, rather stinging and scratchy. Due to its mildness I thought nothing of it. However, the next morning I woke up with a complete loss of voice. Along with that came a dry cough and an increased amount of soreness in my throat. After several home remedies (cough drops, throat coat, over the counter medicines, and not speaking) I still have no voice even 8 days later. The sore throat has gone away, however the cough, no voice and congestion is still very much present. My question is, what do you think this could be and are prescriptions needed for this?

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...

There could be any number of explanations for your ongoing symptoms, so guessing as to what could be the cause would be unhelpful. The only way to determine the reason for your symptoms is to see an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician for a thorough evaluation.

Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment