Monday, August 27, 2012

Loss of Falsetto and Quick Hoarseness

I joined the Marine Corps a few months ago, and prior to that, was an avid karaoke singer. I had gone plenty hoarse at boot camp multiple times, and now when I try to use falsetto, all that comes out is a squeaky whisper. Additionally, I grow hoarse after only a little yelling or singing. Have I permanently damaged my voice? It's been 2 months since boot camp and I've stopped screaming my head off, my speaking voice is mostly back to normal.

Melissa E. Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...

There could be any number of explanations for your ongoing symptoms, so guessing as to what could be the cause would be unhelpful. The only way to determine the reason for your symptoms is to see an Ear, Nose, and Throat physician for a thorough evaluation.

Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment