Monday, July 30, 2012

Voice Projection

I have a muscle disease that makes it hard to project my voice and a lot of times (especially in loud environments, i.e. a car or restaurant) people have a hard time understanding me. I have a couple devices I've tried that kind of work but haven't found a real solution that works all the time. I was wondering if you could give me some help with this

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...
There are many options for augmentative communication available, but as there are a number of patient variables that would guide a recommendation, only a speech pathologist who has evaluated you thoroughly would be able to suggest an appropriate device. 

Please visit the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) website at www.asha.org to look for a speech pathologist who specializes in the area of augmentative communication.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment