Monday, July 30, 2012

Vocal Cord Cyst

7 months ago I had surgery on my voice due to a cyst embedded in my right vocal cord. I started singing again about 3 months later and was back to normal. Recently, I have been losing my voice worse than before and I lost my upper register almost completely. What are the possibilities of why this is happening to me again? Can you tell me what could be wrong?

Melissa Kim M.S., CCC-SLP replies...

When one experiences persistent hoarseness following phonosurgery, the reason may be scarring, recurrence of the lesion or evolution of another traumatic lesion, or underlying hyperfunction of laryngeal musculature. A combination of these contributing factors is also possible. The only way to determine the cause and appropriate treatment is to be re-evaluated.

Good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment