This course consists of one presentation with supporting documents.
CEU Credits and Prices
- This course is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional area).
- You must complete presentation.
- You will receive a certificate of completion from BRS-S within three weeks of completing the application and submitting to BRS-S.
- Your ASHA CEU credits will be processed through the Specialty Board on Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders and submitted to ASHA three times per year in June, September, and January.
- The regular price for the course is $50.00
- BRS-S members get a 25% discount - get the coupon code by logging onto your account at swallowingdisorders.org.
This two-hour session will include a discussion of the anatomy and physiology of the esophageal phase of deglutition. A review of the reflexes that may facilitate clinical symptomatology will be included. A discussion of the opening mechanism of upper esophageal sphincter during swallowing will be reviewed as well as current techniques used to evaluate, manage and treat disorders of the upper esophageal sphincter. A systematic classification of esophageal disorders with typical presenting symptoms will be included as well as a discussion of the latest technology used to diagnose esophageal disorders, possible management and treatment techniques used by the treating physician.